We spent all last weekend painting over at the house we are moving into. I was hoping for a September 1st move in day, but given the amount of work I see still needs to be done I think it will be later.
The family that lived there before were slightly rough on the poor house. By rough I mean pen, crayon and permanent marker drawn all over walls and kitchen cabinets…. They peeled most of the paint off in the downstairs bathroom, and there are lots of tiles missing in bathrooms. All the carpet upstairs is being replaced and bedrooms being painted as well. There is a lot to do.
Jancsi is much more aware this move. Although we’ve moved him his entire life, this is the first time he is starting to understand. He has been asking a lot of questions about things we are taking and what if we leave this or that. The other day when I brought boxes home from the barn he began to frantically throw all his toys into them. He was in a bit of a panic thinking we were leaving that minute and heaven forbid his treasures get left. Poor guy. I try to listen to all his questions and worries and put them all to rest, assuring him we are taking EVERYTHING with us.
He was allowed to pick out his own bedroom in the new house- which he decided in a span of maybe 5 minutes after going to each one and saying “I think this one!” “No I think this one!” “Or maybe this one!” He is getting a slightly blue room once it’s painted and he could not be more excited!
Things I am thankful for this Thursday:
- Reaching 31 weeks of pregnancy!
- A beautiful wrap around porch to enjoy at the new house.
- The nearing of the end of August and the beginning of a new month. (One month closer to Baby Girl’s arrival!)
- The scent of freshly mowed hay.
- Big green round bales out my window.
- Good walks each morning with the Littles!
- The privilege of making dinner tonight for a friend who recently had her baby. (The first of the four women in our church!)